These rules apply to the 2019 festival. They may be subject to change for next time, depending on how we get on this year.
- Submissions will be accepted from 15th July 2018, early entry is encouraged but in no way guarantees acceptance.
- The final deadline for International entries is 12 May 2019
- The final deadline for Student entries is 26 May 2019
- Films must have been completed within 18 months before the festival date (i.e completed after 8th December 2017)
- Films must have a maximum runtime of 10 minutes (ten), including titles and credits
- There is no premiere policy here
- All non-English films must have English subtitles
- Works-in-progress will NOT be considered, so get it finished before entering
- You may submit more than one film, but you must complete a separate entry form and pay entry fee for each film
- Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway
- Entries which do not clearly state which category they are entered for will be rejected
- Entries which do not clearly state their budget for will be excluded from the "Zero Budget Award" - tell us how much, or little, it cost to make.
- Entry fees are non-refundable
- Music videos must have copyright clearance from the band being filmed. Music videos made without permission from the music owners will be rejected.
- Students entering the competition must be able to provide current and valid student ID or their entries will be disqualified.
- New Forest Students will only qualify from a select list of Colleges and Universities.
- Entries containing excessive violence, racism or sexual content will not be considered, due to the screening policy of the venues.
- Do NOT send stills or press kits. If your film is selected we will ask you to email us something.
- Finalists will be contacted and asked to provide a DVD/Blueray or hi-res digital version of their film.
- Finalists will have the chance to be selected for screening at the Godalming Film Society during the next season (September 19 to May 20).
- If you have any questions about our festival, please email us and we will attempt to answer them.
- Many of the screening venues have full Dolby Atmos sound system and up to 4K projection - do what you can to make yours stand out!
- Please remember that if you intend to film ANYWHERE within the New Forest you need to get filming permissions and the best place to start is with the New Forest District Council's website for their Film: New Forest initiative.